Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1, 2015

I think that conversations about race are important considering how diverse the world that we live in is.  There are so many different people from different cultures who speak different languages.  We need to be aware of that and learn to be respectful of our differences. I also think it is important to talk to children about race.  I do think that we are not born racist.  There are things that we are guilty of hearing about other cultures.   I will admit it myself.  I have heard micro-aggressions about other cultures that are outside of mine and even within mine.  What helped me not discriminate against others was my family and school.  My family is blended with so many different races.  We have close to 10 races in my family.  I love it! We learn so many different things from them.  We are able to incorporate a little of each race into our family.  I think it is a blessing.   That is why I think it is important to talk about race and how to respect another person when discussing it.  I never want to offend anyone just like I wouldn't want them to offend me.


No comments:

Post a Comment